Connect to a Wi-Fi network
- From your Home screen, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
Your device will automatically search for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap the name of the Wi-Fi network that you want to join.
After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left corner of your display or the upper-right corner on an iPhone X.
Connect to a secure Wi-Fi network
Secure Wi-Fi networks are password-protected and have by their names.
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi, and make sure Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap the name of the secure Wi-Fi network you want to join.
- Enter the password for the secure Wi-Fi network, then tap Join. If you can’t tap Join, the password you’ve entered is incorrect.
After you join the network, you’ll see next to the network and in the upper-left side of your display or the upper-right corner on an iPhone X. If you don’t know the password to the Wi-Fi network, contact your network administrator.